Jessica L. Malmquist joined the Law Offices of Alexandra M. Goddard in 2011 and in 2016 became a partner at Goddard & Malmquist. In 2018, she merged with Alexandra and Alison to form Greenwich Law Group, LLC. Jessica has practiced law since 2003 and has concentrated her practice in family law for more than a decade. Jessica’s family law practice is based on an in-depth understanding of the emotional, practical and financial elements involved in the dissolution of a marriage or post-decree matter, particularly when the allocation of parental responsibilities, maintenance, child support and parenting time are involved.
Although Jessica endeavors to resolve cases through amicable negotiations, she is an active enthusiastic, and experienced litigator who effectively represents her clients in litigation when required. Jessica strongly believes in the ability of clients to use alternative dispute resolution, including Collaborative Law and mediation, to retain control of the dissolution process and prevent the often destructive involvement of the Courts. Because of Jessica’s experience, she is able to help clients determine the best dissolution process for their individual family and situational needs.
In addition to dissolution of marriage and post-decree matters, Jessica handles preparation and negotiation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, as well as attorney-assisted mediation, and estate planning for individuals, couples, and families.
Outside of the practice of law, Jessica has worked with many financial institutions both domestically and internationally. Having lived extensively outside of the United States, Jessica is sensitive to cultural impacts on family life. As a mother to young children and former financial professional, Jessica understands the value of well crafted parenting and financial plans in smoothing the way during periods of transition.
Jessica is a member of the Illinois Bar Association and American Bar Association, as well as a Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois (CLII), member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), and current President-Elect, and has been a CLII Board member for over 5 years. Jessica was formally a member of the Rainbows Young Professional Board.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardian ad Litem
- Parental Responsibilities & Parenting Time
- Illinois, 2003
- Edinburgh University Faculty of Law, Edinburgh
- LL.M. - 2004
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- JD - 2003
- Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin
- B.A. Economics & Management; Psychology - 1998
- University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, Glasgow, Scotland
- M.Phil. International Finance & Economic Policy - 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois (CLII), Board Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Lake County Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Rainbows Young Professional Board, Member