Alison G. Turoff
In 2018, Alison G. Turoff joined Alexandra M. Goddard and Jessica L. Malmquist to form Greenwich Law Group, LLC. As a skilled researcher and writer, Alison has successfully conducted multiple appeals before the Illinois Appellate Court. She frequently argues creative and complicated motions, addressing matters ranging from protecting mental health privacy to following convoluted financial account trails before the judges of Cook, DuPage, Lake, and Will Counties. Sensitive to the various emotional and legal issues that affect family law clients, Alison strives to provide her clients with all of their options and assist them with making the choices that best suit their individual needs.
In 2004, Alison won second place in the 45th Annual Lincoln Award Legal Writing Contest, sponsored by the Illinois State Bar Association, for her article, Recovering Attorney Fees from the Opposing Party in Illinois Divorce Cases, 92 Ill. B.J. 462 (Sept. 2004). Alison's other publications include:
• IRAs and Child Support: O'Daniel, Takata and the Slippery Slope, ISBA Family Law newsletter, Vol. 52, No. 1 (Aug. 2008).
• Spying Spouses and Their High Tech Tools, 96 Ill. B.J. 348 (July 2008).
• The Misuse of Mediation in Joint Parenting Agreements, 94 Ill. B.J. 546 (Oct. 2006).
• Throwing Away the Key on Society's Youngest Sex Offenders, 91 J. Crim. L. & Criminology 1127 (Summer 2001).
Alison graduated from Northwestern University School of Law in 2002 and was the Managing Editor of Northwestern's Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology. For two years, she worked in Northwestern's Bluhm Legal Clinic, where she represented victims of domestic violence and families embroiled in the child welfare system. Alison is an alumna of Indiana University Bloomington (1998), where she became a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was the Vice-President of Internal Affairs for the Residence Halls Association.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child and Spousal Support
- Collaborative Law
- Parental Responsibilities & Parenting Time
Certified Legal Specialties
- Collaborative Law
- Illinois, 2002
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Member
- Honors: Internal Affairs for the Residence Halls Association, Vice-President
- Recovering Attorney Fees from the Opposing Party in Illinois Divorce Cases, 92 Ill. B.J. 462 (Sept. 2004)
- Spying Spouses and Their High Tech Tools, 96 Ill. B.J. 348 (July 2008)
- Discovery Techniques for Obtaining Social Media Ev, Chicago Bar Ass'n, 2013
- Probate and Family Law: Disabled Divorces, Chicago Bar Ass'n, 2016
Honors and Awards
- 2nd place in the 45th Annual Lincoln Award Legal Writing Contest, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2004 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Kamerlink, Stark, Powers & McNicholas, LLC, Partner, 2014 to 2017
- Northwestern's Bluhm Legal Clinic
Pro Bono Activities
- Red Shoe Society of Ronald McDonald House Charities, 2002 to 2015
- Alpha Phi Omega