Modification Of Parenting Agreements And Parenting Plans (Formerly Custody)

If your current allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time arrangement is not working out for you or your children, you have the ability to pursue a modification in court. Only formal modifications — not informal agreements between parents — are legally enforceable.

We are parental responsibility modification attorneys with approximately 75 years of legal experience serving clients throughout the northwest suburban Chicago land area, with offices located in Oak Park and Chicago , Illinois. We frequently help clients pursue parenting plan modifications for all types of reasons, including the following:

  • School district changes: If your child needs to enroll in the other parent’s school district, a modification should be sought.
  • Parental relocation: If you want to move out of state with your child — even to a nearby state like Wisconsin — it is necessary to seek permission from the court.
  • Child endangerment: If you believe your child is in danger as a result of the current arrangement, it is crucial to go to court to request a modification.
  • Disciplinary and educational problems: If your child is having trouble at school or with the law, a modification to the parenting plan may be part of a solution to the problem.

These are just a few common reasons for modification to parental responsibilities. A modification can be sought for any reason affecting the best interests of the child, though decrees cannot be modified within two years, except by mutual agreement or in cases of serious endangerment.

Relocation Attorneys And Parenting Plan Modifications

Whether you need help pursuing a modification to parental responsibilities or your child’s other parent is pursuing a modification, we will work diligently to protect your parental rights. To schedule a consultation regarding your case, please contact Greenwich Law Group, LLC at 847-382-3995 or by email.