Allocation Of Parental Responsibilities And Child Support Lawyers
Issues involving the allocation of parental responsibilities and support of minor children are among the most emotional and stressful matters decided in the family law courts. Whether you are going through a divorce or dealing with these issues in any other context, you need an experienced lawyer on your side.
At Greenwich Law Group, LLC, we are attorneys with 75 combined years of legal experience helping clients throughout the greater Chicago area address issues such as:
- Allocation of parental responsibilities: No decision made during the divorce process is more important than what happens to the children. We will listen to your concerns and work with you to determine the best way to pursue your parenting goals.
- Modification of existing orders: If circumstances have changed since your joint parenting plan was put in place – for instance, if one parent wants to move out of state – we can help you pursue or defend a modification.
- Payment or receipt of child support: Whether you are concerned about how much child support you will receive after your divorce or how much you will have to pay, we can explain how the Illinois child support guidelines apply to your case and help you seek a fair and equitable outcome.
- Enforcing orders regarding child support: Although the court orders one parent to pay child support, he or she does not always comply. In such cases, we can help.
- Modification of child support: Child support can be modified when one parent’s income has substantially increased or decreased, the needs of the child have changed or other factors have intervened. We frequently represent parents in child support modification cases.
- Paternity issues: If you had a child outside of marriage, a paternity action is a necessary step in establishing each parent’s rights and child support responsibilities. We often help clients protect their parental rights through paternity cases.
All the counties in which we practice require the parents of minor children to attend family parenting classes in divorce and paternity cases.
Contact An Experienced Child Support Attorney Today
We have the experience to guide you through the legal process with a strong concern for protecting your relationships with your children. To discuss child-related concerns and support cases, please contact our firm at 847-382-3995 or by email to schedule a consultation. Credit cards are accepted. We assist clients throughout the greater Chicago area from offices in Chicago and Barrington.