Experienced Legal Counsel Regarding Child Support Enforcement

Illinois law is quite clear: Parents who are divorced or separated should both contribute financially toward raising the children. This is the goal behind court-ordered child support. Unfortunately, some parents ignore their responsibility and fail to pay what they owe.

At Greenwich Law Group, LLC, we are child support enforcement lawyers who have been representing the rights and interests of Illinois families and individuals since 1973. If your child’s mother or father is not paying court-ordered child support, we can help.

Illinois Provides Two Routes For Enforcing Child Support Orders

To seek enforcement of a child support order in Illinois, you can either enlist the help of a private lawyer, like one at our law firm, or you can appeal to the State’s Attorney’s office in the county in which you live.

Although the State’s Attorney is free, the State’s Attorney’s office is usually very congested with cases and they do not have the ability to get to know you, your case, or your children. In addition, the State will only address child support issues, and you may have other related problems — such as your former spouse or partner failing to comply with requirements regarding life insurance or tax returns.

Did you know? If you choose our law firm and your former spouse or partner is found to be in civil contempt for failing to pay child support, the judge can require him or her to pay all of your attorney fees. This means your former spouse or partner may be required to reimburse you for some or all of your costs in retaining a highly experienced lawyer.

At Greenwich Law Group, LLC, we recognize that each case is unique, and we adjust our representation to suit the needs of each client. We believe in reasonableness and cooperation, but we are also prepared to aggressively protect our clients’ rights in court when alternative dispute resolution is not an option.

From filing petitions for civil contempt to pursuing wage garnishments against the delinquent parent, you can count on us to fight for your rights and the money you need to care for your child.

Learn More About Enforcing Child Support And Other Issues

To discuss how Greenwich Law Group, LLC can help you obtain the child support payments that you deserve, contact us at 847-382-3995 (Oak Park), 312-558-9700 (Chicago ), or send us an email to arrange a consultation. We represent clients from offices in Chicago and Oak Park.